Apple has officially released iOS 14 beta 5 and iPadOS 14 beta 5 to developers. This update contains several minor but notable changes to iOS 14. These include the old time picker interface and an updated widget for Apple News.
In terms of download size, iOS 14 beta 5 and iPadOS 14 beta 5 are pretty big updates, weighing in at almost 2GB and 4GB. The update build number is 18A5351d.
Apple also released watchOS 7 beta 5 to developers. The new beta of macOS 11 Big Sur has not yet been released, but may soon. Expect new public versions of iOS 14, iPadOS 14, macOS 11 Big Sur, and watchOS 7 this week.
For now, let’s talk about the changes found in iOS 14 beta 5 by this time.
- New Apple News Widget
- Widget privacy
- Availability notifications
- Album with hidden photos
- Former timing
- HomeKit Control Center
New Apple News Widget
- The Apple News app has a new widget. The new widget option is called “Tall” and is only available on the Today screen. You cannot add a widget to the home screen. It displays seven news headlines, not five.
- This is a new feature for apps that access user locations. Now in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, a notification appears asking for location access not only for apps, but also for their widgets. Widgets can use location data for no more than 15 minutes.
- New notifications notify users if an Exposure Notification application is available for their region. If you enable notifications, you will be notified when an application with a new system is released.
Album with hidden photos
- In the Photos application, it became possible to disable the folder with hidden photos.
- Apple has brought back a rotating time selection interface in the Watch app. If desired, you can enter the time or use the selection wheel, which has become less.
HomeKit Control Center
- The favorites section in HomeKit Control Center is now more user-friendly and looks better.
In addition, new App Clip test options for developers have appeared in the settings, and a welcome screen has been added to the Teams application with a description of new features. Widgets are now locked when their apps are locked by Screen Time.
If any more changes are found in the new beta of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, we will definitely write about them.