Given the cost Apple Watch, for sure, among the users of this device there will be many who want to update the appearance of smart watches over time for a relatively low price, simply by replacing the strap.
♥ BY TOPIC: Apple Watch alarm: how to turn on, set up and manage…
You can own a sporty Apple Watch with a bright blue rubber band or a classic Apple Watch with a more sophisticated Milanese bracelet. But no one forces you to dwell on the same strap throughout the entire life cycle of the watch.
There are many options for interesting bracelets, both from Apple and third-party manufacturers. Replacing the bracelet is a simple and painless process for the device itself. If you want to personalize your Apple Watch and make it truly your own, you can simply change the strap.
At first glance, replacing a strap or bracelet Apple Watch should not cause difficulties, but if this procedure is performed regularly, then precautions should be taken.
♥ BY TOPIC: Apple Watch Series 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 water resistance: can you swim and what you need to know.
Do old Apple Watch straps and bracelets work with newer Apple Watch models?
Yes! For example, for Series 4 or Series 5 watches, straps from the very first Apple Watch and Apple Watch Series 1, 2 and 3. All bracelets for 38 mm and 40 mm cases, as well as 42 mm and 44 mm are fully compatible with each other. …
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn on Power Saving Mode (Eco Mode) on Apple Watch.
How to replace (remove) a strap or bracelet on Apple Watch
1. Organize your workplace. To avoid scratching the screen, Apple Watch should be on a clean surface, such as a soft mat or microfiber. The dial of the device should be facing down.
2. To remove the bracelet or strap, press and hold the release button located at the bottom of the Apple Watch case. While holding it down, slide the bracelet aside. In case you are planning to replace the block bracelet, proceed to the next instruction.
3. If you fail, then press the fixing button again and make sure that it is held while moving the bracelet to the side.
4. The strap is removed! Repeat for the second part of the strap.
Installing a new strap is just as easy: you just slide the connectors on the new strap into the corresponding grooves on your Apple Watch. In this case, the inscription on the strap should be on the outside.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to quickly calculate the total bill for all guests on Apple Watch and determine the tip.
How to remove or install a block bracelet on Apple Watch
Certain difficulties may arise when replacing the block bracelet. It can be removed by pulling out both fasteners in parallel, but in this case, the bracelet breaks, which, in turn, can damage the fastener. For safe replacement of the block bracelet, it must first be disconnected into two parts using the buttons on the inner side near the clasp.
Please note that detaching the strap does not require much physical strength, as does twisting. To avoid damaging either the clasp or the bracelet itself, do the following:
1. Close the butterfly clasp by closing the sides until you hear a click.
2. Before removing the bracelet, separate it in two. To do this, find the quick release button on the inside of the bracelet, press and hold it.
3. Gently pull the links apart while holding the quick release button.
4. Now, after disconnecting the strap, it is very easy to remove it, press and hold the strap release button on the Apple Watch itself, slide part of the bracelet to the side. Repeat for the second part of the bracelet.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to use the Camera (photos and videos) on Apple Watch: an overview of all the possibilities.
How to remove or replace the Milanese mesh bracelet
Since 2018, the design of the classic Milanese mesh Apple Watch bracelet has changed. The strap can now be removed completely by pulling the magnetic buckle through the eyelets or the strap connector. On previous models, the clasp could not be pulled through this narrow hole.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to find an iPhone using Apple Watch if it is lost in the dark.
Don’t use a loose strap or bracelet with Apple Watch
If you don’t feel it click, try moving the strap a little to the side and then putting it back. In the case of correct fixation, the bracelet should not arbitrarily move from side to side without pressing the fixing button.
If you can’t fix the strap and it moves effortlessly from side to side, don’t use it with your Apple Watch.