Last year, Smart Lists appeared in the Reminders app, but you couldn’t do anything with them. In iOS and iPadOS 14, smart lists can be swapped and hidden, and your lists can be visually styled with icons and emojis.
With the release of iOS / iPadOS 13, using the Reminders app has become much more convenient, including thanks to smart lists. Smart lists automatically sort all reminders into several categories: reminders for the current day, scheduled, all (in iOS 14, important ones are still available, marked with a checkbox, and assigned to you).
IOS / iPadOS 14 introduces the ability to customize them: smart lists can be swapped and unnecessary ones can be hidden. You can also add icons and emojis to your lists.
- How to rearrange smart lists in Reminders in iOS / iPadOS 14
- Hide Smart Lists in Reminders
- How to add an emoji or icon to your list
How to rearrange smart lists in Reminders in iOS / iPadOS 14
- Open the Reminders app on your device and tap Edit in the upper right corner of the window.
- Pinch and drag each list in the order you want.
- When done press Done…
Hide Smart Lists in Reminders
If you do not use all the proposed smart lists, you can hide the extra ones.
- Press again Edit in the upper right corner of the window.
- Uncheck the boxes from the lists you want to hide.
- Click on Done…
If you later want to revert hidden smart lists, add checkboxes to them in the edit menu, as described above.
How to add an emoji or icon to your list
Another update to the Reminders app – you can customize your lists with icons and emoji.
Click Add. list in the lower right corner and select the appropriate icon for the smart sheet.