After leaving untethered jailbreak iOS 7 owners of new Apple smartphones in Russia were able to independently activate support for LTE networks from MTC and Megafon operators.
Recall that now only subscribers of the mobile operator Beeline can officially use fourth-generation networks. Two other major Russian telecom operators are still awaiting verification of their LTE networks by representatives of Apple.
The main requirement that should be taken into account when testing a fourth generation network is support for the CSFB (Circuit Switched FallBack) function. It allows the subscriber not to miss a voice call while on the LTE network. So far, this technology works only with Beeline.
But if you still want to use high-speed mobile Internet from another operator, then you need:
How to enable LTE from MTS and Megafon on iPhone 5s / 5c
1. Jailbreak iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C. You can find detailed instructions at this link.
2. Download file manager iFile. It is available on Cydia.
3. Launch iFile and go to the System / Library / Carrier bundles / iPhone folder.
4. Find a folder that belongs to MTS or Megafon.
five. Delete or copy to another location all of its contents.
6. Find another operator’s folder. You can choose FamilyMobile_US.bundle or TMobile_Germany.bundle.
7. Copy the entire contents of the folder to the clipboard.
8. Return to the MTS / Megafon folder and paste the previously copied files.
nine. Restart iPhone for the changes to take effect.