The WWDC 2020 presentation told us about new versions of operating systems for a number of Apple devices. The Apple Watch, on which you can already install watchOS 7, did not go unnoticed.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to find your iPhone using your Apple Watch.
The current beta versions of iOS 14 and watchOS 7 are fairly stable so you can try them out right now if you wish.
It should be noted right away that to install watchOS 7, you need to update your iPhone to iOS 14. We described in detail how to install iOS 14 on an iPhone in this article. Also, keep in mind that watchOS 7 is not available on all Apple Watch models. You can find a list of compatible Apple watches here.
After you have installed the iOS 14 beta on your phone, you need to download the watchOS 7 beta profile, then download and install the watchOS 7 beta to test its features early.
♥ BY TOPIC: 3 types of flashlights in Apple Watch: what they are for, how to turn them on and off.
How to download and install the watchOS 7 beta profile
Install iOS 14 beta on your iPhone. You can’t update your watch operating system to the correct one without iOS 14. It shouldn’t be hard to find instructions on how to install the beta version of the system on your iPhone. We’ll deal with the clock.
1. Open the Safari browser on iPhone with iOS 14, follow the link and click Download to download the watchOS 7 beta configuration profile.
2. In the menu that appears, click Allow…
3. Press three times. Install and enter the passcode.
4. Click Reboot to restart Apple Watch.
This sets up a special profile that tells Apple that your Apple Watch is allowed to install this beta version of watchOS 7. You only need to do this once. After that, all watchOS 7 updates will be installed, similar to regular watch updates.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to view currency rates on Apple Watch without installing additional applications.
How to install the watchOS 7 beta
After restarting your Apple Watch, pick up your iPhone again. You will need to use the app Watch to connect and install the update. You need to make sure your Apple Watch is connected to a charger and has at least 50% charge. You also need an internet connection. You will need to keep your iPhone nearby while the update takes place.
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Go to the tab My watch, click item The main, and then Software Update…
3. When you see the watchOS 7 beta as an item, click Download and Install.
5. Enter the passcode for the iPhone.
6. Confirm your agreement with the proposed terms.
7. The download of the update and subsequent installation will begin.
The watchOS 7 beta installation process will begin. It will take some time, immediately after the installation starts, you will not be able to use your Apple Watch until the update is complete. But you can use your iPhone during this process, just keep your smartphone close to the Apple Watch.
After the update is complete, you can start testing watchOS 7 and its features.