Last night, the CoolStar team released a new version of their utility called Electra, which allows you to jailbreak iOS 11.2 – iOS 11.3.1. At the same time, during the jailbreak, the Cydia store is automatically installed on the device.
How to jailbreak iOS 11.2 – iOS 11.3.1 using Electra utility
- Download the Electra1131 utility on the official website of the developers (For users with a regular apple id, download the version marked “Non Dev Account”).
- Download Cydia Impactor utility. Move impactor app to applications folder.
- Connect to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to computer. Make full data backupstored on the device.
- Then go to “Settings” – “General” – “iPhone Storage” and remove the iOS 11.4 update package.
- Run the program Cydia Impactor…
- Select the connected device in the application window.
- Drag the previously downloaded IPA file to the Cydia Impactor window.
- In the window that appears, enter your Apple ID login and password (It is better to use an account that does not have a bank card attached).
- Wait until the Electra utility is installed on the device.
- On the device, go to Settings – Siri and turn off Hey Siri and call Siri using the Home button.
- Go to Settings – General – Profile and click on the line with your Apple ID.
- In the window that opens, select Trust and confirm the action.
- Call the Control Center and activate the Airplane Mode.
- Reboot the device by shutting down.
- Launch the Electra app located on one of the home screens on your mobile device.
- In the application, click on the Jailbreak button.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
- Go to the Electra utility and click on the Jailbreak button again.
- Wait for the message that the AAPS snapshot has been created and click on the Continue Jailbreak button.
- Wait for the message with the Exit button to appear on the screen.
After all these manipulations, the process of installing the jailbreak and Cydia store will be completed. However, judging by the reviews on the network, some have to repeat the hacking procedure several times to successfully hack the device.