Today the Electra hacker team released a new jailbreak utility called Chimera. It allows you to jailbreak iPhoen and iPads running iOS 12-12.1.2. The main feature of the new utility is that it allows you to bypass CoreTrust protection and install jailbreak on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Pro 2018.
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max.
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 5, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad 5, iPad 6, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 10.5, iPad Pro 12.9, iPad Air 2019.
How to jailbreak iOS 12-12.1.2 using Chimera
- Download Chimera utility from the official site.
- Download Cydia Impactor utility.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer with a cable and make a complete backup of the data stored on the device.
- Remove OTA update (Basic – Storage – System).
- Go to “Settings” – “Siri and Search” and disable “Call Siri with the Home button” and activate Siri with the phrase “Hey Siri”.
- Put the device in Airplane mode.
- Launch Cydia Impactor.
- Select the connected device in the application window.
- Drag the previously downloaded file to the Cydia Impactor window.
- In the window that appears, enter your Apple ID login and password (It is better to use an account that does not have a bank card attached).
- Wait until the process of installing the utility on the device is completed.
- On the device, go to “Settings” – “General” – “Profile” and click on Apple ID.
- In the window that opens, select Trust and confirm the action.
- Launch Chimera app and click on the Jailbreak button.
- Wait until the hacking process is completed.
During the jailbreak, the device will need to be rebooted several times. But if everything went well, then after the next reboot, an icon of the alternative Sileo store will appear on one of the home screens. In the latter, various tweaks and extensions are available.
Hacking process on video:
It’s worth remembering that Chimera is a semi-tethered jailbreak. This means that the jailbreak process will need to be repeated after each device reboot, or once every seven days.
At the moment, there are no special complaints on the network about the new tools for jailbreaking iOS devices. However, some users note that they are unable to jailbreak their iPhone or iPad the first time. Most often, such complaints come from owners of Apple mobile devices with Apple A12 processors. If problems arise, the hacking process can be repeated.
Recall that you carry out all actions with the device at your own peril and risk. ProstoMAC editors are not responsible for the performance of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.