This night, out of the blue, a new jailbreak utility for iOS 8-8.1.2 was released by Chinese hackers. Unlike the well-known TaiGJBreaks utility, PP Jailbreak works on Mac – we will describe how to use it to “jail” an iPhone or iPad below.
How to jailbreak iOS 8-8.1.2 on Mac:
Please update your device to iOS 8.1.2 before jailbreak. An important point – if your iPhone / iPad is already running iOS 8.1.2, but was updated “over the air”, make a backup and restore the device to iOS 8.1.2 in iTunes. It is better to make a backup in any case – suddenly something goes wrong.
1. Download PP Jailbreak utility from here (.dmg file)
2. Open the downloaded file, drag the PP application icon 越狱 to the Applications folder
3. On iPhone / iPad, turn off Passcode Lock, Find My iPhone, and turn on Airplane Mode
4. Connect iPhone / iPad to computer with cable, run PP app 越狱
5. After your device is recognized, uncheck the box in the lower left corner and press the big center button
6. The application will ask (in Chinese, of course, whether the “Find iPhone” function is disabled – confirm this by pressing the right button (where there are four characters)
7. The jailbreak process will start. After its completion, you will see a message with a green checkmark that the “hacking” was successful
8. iPhone / iPad will reboot and Cydia will be installed on it. Everything, jailbreak done!