Just a few hours ago, members of the Pangu team released a jailbreak tool for iOS 9.1. Moreover, applications for Windows and for OS X have become available to users at the same time. In this article we will tell you how to jailbreak an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 9.1.
Before jailbreaking iOS, we recommend that you install the latest version of iTunes and make a backup copy of the data stored in the memory of your smartphone or tablet.
Jailbreak iOS 9.1 Pangu is compatible with:
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s.
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1.
- iPod touch 6.
- iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad mini 1, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPod touch 5.
How to jailbreak iOS 9.1 using Pangu’s utility:
1. Download the Pangu 9 utility for Windows or Mac from the official website of the developers (at first this process will take a lot of time).
2. In Settings, turn off the Find iPhone function (Settings – iCloud – Find iPhone) and password or fingerprint protection (Settings – Touch ID and password).
3. Activate Airplane mode (Settings – Airplane mode or a key in the Control Center).
4. Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer.
5. Run the Pangu utility 9.
6. Wait until the utility recognizes the type of connected device and the iOS version.
7. Click on the Start button.
8. In the window that appears, click Already backup.
9. When the jailbreak process is 65% complete, the mobile device will automatically reboot. After the gadget is fully loaded, you need to turn it on again Airplane mode…
10. At 75%, you need to run the Pangu app on your mobile device and allow it to access the Photos app.
After all the manipulations, it remains only to wait for the completion of the hacking and another reboot. After that, the jailbreak will be installed.
Video instruction from iDB: