Just a month after the release of the public version of iOS 9, hackers released a utility to jailbreak Apple’s new operating system. All devices that support the new operating system can be hacked. In this article, we’ll show you how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 9.
Initially, we recommend updating your iOS version to the most recent one. Today iOS 9.0.2 is relevant. You will also need iTunes 12.1 or later installed. Separately, we note that at the moment the utility is available only on the Windows platform. The Mac version should be out in the next few weeks. However, Mac owners can jailbreak them by installing Microsoft’s operating system on any virtual machine (we used this method).
Jailbreak iOS 9 Pangu is compatible with:
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s
iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 1
iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1
iPod touch 5, iPod touch 6
To jailbreak iOS 9 using Pangu9, you need:
- Download the Pangu 9 utility.
- Disable Find My iPhone. This can be done in the settings of the mobile device.
- Disable password or fingerprint protection.
- Activate Airplane Mode.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your computer.
- Run Pangu 9 utility as Administrator.
- Wait until the utility recognizes the type of connected device and the iOS version.
- Uncheck the box above the jailbreak button.
- Press the button and start the jailbreak process.
Before starting, a tips window will appear on the screen. To start jailbreak, press the right button. After that, the Pangu 9 utility will immediately start jailbreak iOS 9.
- When the status bar reaches 65%, the mobile device will restart. After that you need to turn off Airplane Mode.
- When the status bar reaches 75%, you need to launch the Pangu app on your mobile device.
- In the application, press the Accept button, and then press the OK button again.
At the very end, the iPhone will restart again. After enabling it, Cydia Store will automatically launch. You will have a jailbreak mobile device at your disposal.