With the release of iOS 14, Apple gave its users the ability to customize the home screen. We’ve already covered how to create your own widgets and apps with home screen widgets. Now let’s talk about something else!
This is not a new option, but it is also worth talking about. You can change the application icons on the home screen to your own. This is done using the Commands application. Below is more about everything.
There are many different sets of images for icons on the web. With the release of iOS 14, interest in them has grown. Just go to any search engine and type “iOS icon pack”. You will definitely find something interesting.
How to create icons in Teams
You can change the application icon to one of the ready-made Teams application templates or to your own image. Below we will discuss both methods. Open the Teams app and follow the instructions.
1) At the bottom select the tab Library and press + at the top of the screen.
2) In the search enter “Open the program»And select an item from the results.
3) Click here Choose and select the application you want to change the icon of.
4) In the upper right corner of the screen, click radio buttons or three dots icon…
five) Name your team. This will not rename the app on the home screen.
Then it all depends on which icon you want to use: a template or your own image.
If you want to choose an icon from templates:
a) Click Icon…
b) In the tab Glyph select an icon, you can also change the color of the icon.
c) Click Done / Add…
If you want to use your own image, then in older versions of iOS select the “Photos” tab when customizing the icon in the way above. In iOS 14:
a) Press immediately Add to Home Screen…
b) Click the icon at the bottom of the screen.
c) Now select the image you want to use as an icon.
6) Name the command and press Add to…
7) Now double click Done…
Since the Commands app is an alternative way to launch apps with different icons, there are some downsides.
- When you click on the custom icon, the Commands app will open briefly first, and only then the app itself.
- Standard icons will still be displayed on notifications from applications, they cannot be changed.
If you are not confused by this disadvantages, then the method is fine for you. You can turn on your imagination and decorate your home screen beautifully!