Despite the fact that the Chinese hackers from the Pangu team have released their jailbreak tool for devices running iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 for a long time, they continued to actively fix bugs and make minor changes.
Gradually the application became more and more stable and acquired additional functions. For example, not so long ago there was an update that automatically installs the Cydia store on jailbroken devices.
But until recently, the Pangu jailbreak had one significant drawback – there was no version for Mac OS X. However, just a couple of hours ago, the utility for Apple computers was released.
Now everyone can quickly and easily jailbreak their i-device. We have previously described the process of jailbreaking an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using the Pangu 8 utility for Windows. In this article, we will describe in detail the hacking process using an application for the Mac OS X platform.
Untethered jailbreak iOS 8 and 8.1:
1. Check device for compatibility.
2. Download the Pangu8 1.0.0 utility for the OS X platform.
3. Make a backup copy of all data on your mobile device (You can do this in a couple of clicks using the iTunes application).
4. Disable password on your device.
five. Disable “Find iPhone” – you can do this in the Settings menu item iCloud.
6. Connect your iOS 8 or iOS 8.1 device to your computer via a cable.
7. Run the downloaded utility and wait for the authentication of the mobile device.
8. Click on the “Start Jailbreak” button and wait for the jailbreak to complete. At this time, it is important not to disconnect the device from the computer.
nine. After completing the process, we will receive a jailbroken iPhone or iPad and Cydia included.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for your device. All manipulations with the iPhone, iPad or iPod you carry out at your own peril and risk.